The Virginia Outdoors Foundation (VOF) Board of Trustees voted February 9 to defer until a later date a decision on the request from Dominion Transmission, Inc. for permission to allow the Atlantic Coast Pipeline to cross 10 properties with conservation easements held by the VOF.  A specific deferral date was not established in the action.  The VOF’s seven-member Board meets three times a year, but a date for the next meeting has not been announced.

There was a large turnout at the meeting, with strong statements made from concerned landowners, easement holders and conservation groups from throughout the Commonwealth in opposition to the proposal.  Dominion also made a presentation.

The VOF Trustees were to have taken the matter up last June, but consideration was deferred at Dominion’s request.  For more, see the Recorder story on the next page.

VOF Defers Decision on Conservation Easement Proposal
Tagged on: