- – NC Policy watch – 12/4/20
The Director of the federal Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issued on November 2 a memorandum to the heads of all departments and agencies of the Federal Government providing guidance on how to implement a new rule that was adopted in July that revises procedures of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic is having a decisive impact on the activities of regulatory agencies and courts who have jurisdiction over pipeline issues. Within the last few days, the following has occurred:
- The DC Circuit Court of Appeals indefinitely suspended in-person oral arguments.
- – S&P Global – 3/17/20
- – Blue Virginia – 1/31/20
- – Grist – 1/2/20
- – The Roanoke Times – 12/15/19
A new analysis released December 5 by the Environmental Integrity Project, a watchdog group, concluded that over the past decade, 40 states reduced the workforce of their environmental agencies and 30 states cut their pollution control agency’s budget.
- – The Roanoke Times – 7/17/19
- – Virginia Mercury – 7/15/19