This week’s Executive Actions by President Trump are reminder of how important it is that the government agencies responsible for making decisions concerning the environmental and safety dimensions of the Atlantic Coast Pipeline be encouraged to perform due diligence in accordance with the law. Last week’s Update requested that special communications be sent to top officials in the U.S. Forest Service, urging that they:
1) Conduct a complete and thorough review of the pending application for a special use permit for the ACP, as required by law; and
2) Do not amend the existing Forest Plan for the George Washington National Forest.
Statements should be sent soon to:
- S. Forest Service Chief, Thomas Tidwell,
- Kathleen Atkinson, Regional Forester,
- Tony Tooke, Regional Forester, .
Additional background information is available here.