- – Virginia Mercury – 7/9/21
- – The New York Times – 7/20/21
- – E&E Energywire – 7/15/21
The General Accountability Office (GAO), a research agency that is part of the U.S. Congress, released a new study last month on pipeline safety. Performance Measures Needed to Assess Recent Changes to Hazardous Liquid Pipeline Safety Regulations was released June 22.
- – E&E Energywire – 6/28/21
- – E&E News – 6/30/21
- – E&E News – 7/6/21
The long-standing practice of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) justifying the need for a new pipeline by over relying on a pipeline’s plans to sell gas to an associated company (e.g., precedent agreements) to establish market need was called into serious question by the DC Circuit Court of Appeals in a decision released June 22.
- – Charleston Gazette-Mail – 6/19/21
- – E&E Energywire – 6/14/21