- – Charleston Gazette-Mail – 6/19/21
The Candy Darter, a small fish found in mountain streams in Virginia and West Virginia, was added in 2018 to the list of endangered species by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS), and its critical habitat area was officially designated by FWS in April,
Two measures designed to improve state oversight of natural gas pipelines have now passed the Virginia Senate and are headed for floor consideration in the House of Delegates.
- SB1265, sponsored by Sen. Deeds, authorizes the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to conduct inspections of land-disturbing activities related to construction of any natural gas transmission pipeline equal to or greater than 24 inches inside diameter.
- – Public News Service – 2/18/21
- – Charleston Gazette-Mail – 2/18/21
- – The Roanoke Times – 2/4/21
- – Virginia Mercury – 12/8/20
- – The Roanoke Times – 12/9/20
- – The Roanoke Times – 10/4/20
- – The Roanoke Times – 8/4/20