- – The Roanoke Times – 3/29/21
- – The Progressive Pulse – 3/12/21
Two measures designed to improve state oversight of natural gas pipelines have now passed the Virginia Senate and are headed for floor consideration in the House of Delegates.
- SB1265, sponsored by Sen. Deeds, authorizes the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to conduct inspections of land-disturbing activities related to construction of any natural gas transmission pipeline equal to or greater than 24 inches inside diameter.
- – Virginia Mercury – 12/8/20
- – E&E Greenwire – 12/17/20
- – Virginia Department of Environmental Quality – 10/16/20
- – Virginia Mercury – 10/2/20
- – The Progressive Pulse – 9/17/20
- – Rockingham Now – 8/14/20
The Southgate Project, a proposed extension of the Mountain Valley Pipeline into North
Carolina, has been denied a necessary water quality certificate under Section 401 of the Clean
Water Act by the North Carolina Division of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ).