- – Virginia Mercury – 6/23/20
The U.S. Supreme Court, by a 7-2 decision on June 15, overturned a decision by the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals that the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) did not have authority to grant a permit for the Atlantic Coast Pipeline to cross the Appalachian National Scenic Trail (Trail).
- – E&E News – 6/16/20
- – The Intelligencer. Wheeling News-Register – 6/17/20
- – Law.com – 3/25/20
A very engaged U.S. Supreme Court (SCOTUS) heard on February 24 arguments for and against overturning the Fourth Circuit Court Appeals’ December 13, 2018 decision to vacate the U.S. Forest Service (NFS)permit for the Atlantic Coast Pipeline (ACP).
- – The New York Times – 2/24/20
- -Supreme Court Signals Resistance to Blocking Atlantic Coast Pipeline
- -Supreme Court hears battle over Atlantic Coast Pipeline
- -Supreme Court hears arguments on Atlantic Coast Pipeline: Questions arise over distinction of trail versus land
- -Supreme Court Justice Gorsuch warns of unintended consequences in Atlantic Coast Pipeline case
- -Supreme Court Hears Arguments Over Building $7.5B Gas Pipeline Under Appalachian Trail
- – The Recorder – 2/27/20
The U.S. Supreme Court argument of the Cowpasture River Preservation Association v. Forest Service will take place on Monday, February 24 at 10 am. One-hour is scheduled for the case; another case is scheduled to be heard by the Court at 11 a.m.
- – The Recorder – 2/20/20