- – The Niskanen Center – 12/14/21
- – RTO Insider – 11/30/21
- – Charleston Gazette-Mail – 11/15/21
- – E&E Daily – 7/20/21
- – WRAL News – 6/19/21
Virginia Governor Ralph Northam has signed into law a bill that would direct a study of gold mining in the Commonwealth. The issue arose last year when ABRA member Friends of Buckingham became aware that a Canadian mining company was considering the establishment of an open pit mine in Buckingham County to access a gold seam that extends all the way to Northern Virginia.
- – Charleston Gazette-Mail – 3/15/21
- – E&E Energywire – 3/18/21
Two measures designed to improve state oversight of natural gas pipelines have now passed the Virginia Senate and are headed for floor consideration in the House of Delegates.
- SB1265, sponsored by Sen. Deeds, authorizes the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to conduct inspections of land-disturbing activities related to construction of any natural gas transmission pipeline equal to or greater than 24 inches inside diameter.
- – Richmond Times-Dispatch – 2/15/21