In August ABRA launched its new Conservation Hub, a program designed to enhance the capabilities of environmental, conservation and citizen groups to better assess the impacts of projects in the greater Allegheny-Blue Ridge region and to help assure that the overall environmental integrity of the region is maintained.
With the July 5 cancellation of the Atlantic Coat Pipeline (ACP), ABRA is focusing on several other initiatives, in addition to the new Conservation Hub program.
- ABRA’s work on the ACP will continue over the next year and beyond to assure that there is a responsible and thorough restoration of the land disturbance that occurred along the route,
- – Energy News Network – 7/2/20
This is the first in a series of periodic profiles of programs and activities that seek to protect, enrich and restore the natural resources of the Allegheny-Blue Ridge region.
The damage to the ecosystems of the central Appalachian region from coal mining and the absence too often of successful reclamation has long been a blight on much of the Appalachian region.
- – Virginia Mercury – 10/30/19
- – Virginia Mercury – 10/11/19
- – Augusta Free Press – 7/14/19
- – Blue Virginia – 4/9/19
- – Blue Virginia – 3/28/19
- – Vox – 3/7/19
- No idea why random ad pictures appear on the Embedly Card for Vox articles. Sorry!