Further natural gas extraction in Appalachia is unlikely to be profitable as the US energy system undergoes rapid decarbonization, according to a report from the Ohio River Valley Institute (ORVI), an independent think tank located in Johnstown, PA.
- – Charleston Gazette-Mail – 3/15/21
- – Utility Dive – 3/16/21
- – E&E Energywire – 3/10/21
- – Natural Gas Intelligence – 2/23/21
- – E&E Energywire – 3/4/21
- – IEEFA – 2/22/21
- – E&E Climatewire – 3/4/21
- – The Washington Post – 3/2/21
Two measures designed to improve state oversight of natural gas pipelines have now passed the Virginia Senate and are headed for floor consideration in the House of Delegates.
- SB1265, sponsored by Sen. Deeds, authorizes the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to conduct inspections of land-disturbing activities related to construction of any natural gas transmission pipeline equal to or greater than 24 inches inside diameter.