- – The Washington Post – 5/31/22
Several key decisions are due to be made soon concerning necessary permits for the Mountain Valley Pipeline (MVP). Here’s a review of some key dates:
- Army Corps of Engineers consideration of a 404 permit for the MVP to cross streams and rivers – deadline for comments is 11:59 pm,
- – The New York Times – 3/2/21
- – The Exponent-Telegram – 1/17/20
- – The Washington Post – 3/29/19
- – E&E News – 8/23/18
The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF), in the closing days of the McAuliffe administration, rolled back restrictions on construction in streams to help Dominion and Atlantic Coast Pipeline developers move the project along faster. The modifications granted,
- – Washington Examiner – 8/17/17
- – The New York Times – 6/15/17
For the second time in less than a year, the Dominion Pipeline Monitoring Coalition (DPMC) has started a legal proceeding to compel the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to obey the state’s Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
DPMC seeks information justifying a DEQ decision that affects regulation of utility lines constructed through streams and wetlands in Virginia.